Slide to see the images
Please note that since TAGS is a smaller volunteer program, we are limited to adoptions within the Durham Region area. We encourage those applicants who apply outside of the area to check your local shelters and rescue programs. We are always happy to refer you to a program in your area.
Here is an update from Zoe's foster mom:
Zoe takes time to warm up to new people but will slowly start doing the following once she does:
• Loves to lay on chest/cuddle including gives little kisses
• Loves being petted and will nudge you when she isn't finished yet
• Will let you pick her up without fuss or squirming
• Will follow you around the house and occasionally rub on your legs
• Will come running if she hears you get up (even if she's not on the same floor as you)
• Responds when you speak to her
• Likes to have her alone time
• Loves treats and will help guide your hand closer to her if you are going too slow
• Would be best as the only pet in the home but can live with a submissive dog. Not cat friendly.
• Curious – likes to inspect things
• Fearful of loud/sudden noises so it's best for a home without young children
• Understands basic commands such as “come”, "up", "down/off" and “no”